Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls from Cake mix!

First off, snaps to Dawn for the recipe it is awesome.

Second, for those who have a bazillion cake mixes of all flavors... think of the variety! Chocolate caramel rolls! Cherry rolls! Orange Rainbow rolls!

Now, recipe:

1 pkg cake mix
2 Tablespoons Yeast
5 Cups Flour
2 3/4 Cups Hot water

Cinnamon
Butter
Brown Sugar

Stir together cake mix, yeast , and 2 cups of flour. Add the hot water. Then stir 3 more cups of flour. Knead together until mixed. Let raise till doubled. Roll out and spread with butter cinnamon and brown sugar. Let raise on pan again until doubled. Bake 350 for 20 minutes. Frost while warm!

So easy, I can cook it!

7 comments:

Mindy said...

I am going to try these tomorrow...they sound too easy though...that's my idea of cooking!

Jade said...

Yeah, but you cook enormous Twinkies. I don't think you can put yourself at my I-can't-bake level.

KT said...

Enormous UGLY twinkies. That is the key there.

Mindy, lmk how it goes for you. I made more today and am very pleased.

KT said...

ps. I just made this yesterday and today and I found that it makes about 37-40 decent sized rolls when you use bread flour and/or wheat flour. I'm just starting to bake this batch so I'll let you know how they taste...

Jenni said...

ok, the second rising part - do you do roll up the cinammon rolls first? slice them before or after the rising?

KT said...

On the second I roll, cut and let rise again. Clear as mud?

Jenni said...

yup! Thanks :) making them now.