Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Frugalistas! February Goals

I know, I know, super late.

With that in mind, they will be easy peasy!

First off, how did January go?

I'll be honest, I did not rock at unplugging every appliance in my house that I was not working. So, this is going to be a year long goal for me. It's actually that hard for me!

Here we go:

Baby tightwad goal:

Put flour and sugar in a 5 gallon bucket and store somewhere in your kitchen to use when cooking. Refill when it runs out.

Big Kid tightwad goal:

Do the above PLUS buy 2 18 gallon totes (those rubbermaid things) and put 4 unopened 25lb bags of flour and sugar in each one. 100lbs of storage! Rotate it of course and keep replenishing.

Master tightwad goal:

Aquire buckets for oatmeal, popcorn, salt, brown sugar, powdered sugar, honey, beans... you get the picture. Watch for a sale on the totes and when it hits go nuts! Also get totes to go through your kids clothing. make a cut in to rags pile, a garage sale pile and a keep for the next kid (or your sister's kid) pile.

Go!

No comments: