Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mistakes I have found when buying meat

So, I am about to go over budget again this month.
Very annoying.
Granted, I only have $100 to spend, but still...

So, this is what I have determined.
Beef NEVER goes on sale in the winter. Okay, let me rephrase that. Beef NEVER goes on a great sale in the winter. Poultry goes on sale constantly, pork goes on sale too, but beef...

Needless to say, I had to buy some hamburger this month. We love our turkey and chicken, but we were starting to get that "there's nothing to eat" feeling when our cupboards are full.

So, I found a decent sale on hamburger and bought a load of it to get me through the next month or so.

Lesson here, this summer, buy beef! Lots of beef! Turkey in the fall (chicken I see year round) and beef in the summer!

That's all for now on this subject.

1 comment:

Debi (Dubs2007) said...

wish i had somehow known about this blog a few weeks ago - they have Prime Rib roasts on sale every year for 2.98 a lb at winco, from thanksgiving through the new year - this year due to the storm they had extras they were trying to get rid of clear through last week!! I stocked up, usually it is over 7 dollars a lb!!